TerraSim is looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong background utilizing geospatial data for analysis and visualization. The successful applicant will work with TerraSim database engineers, who provide the balance to the software team and focus on product use and application. You will work with our TerraTools and Source Data Preparation software products to give input on software product design, test software, and write documentation. Tasks can range from testing targeted parts of the software to creating and documenting use cases using real-world geospatial data. You may also assist 3D terrain development projects where geospatial data will be processed for use in TerraTools in order to generate realistic simulation environments. These tasks will provide experience with practical application of geospatial technology for military training applications.
This position is for up to three months during the summer of 2018.
- Enrollment in a Geography bachelor’s or master’s program
- Excellent academic preparation in GIS, geography, or other related fields
- Interest and talent in large-scale geo data processing and 3D visualization
- Experience using GIS, image processing, or LIDAR software (such as ArcGIS, Global Mapper, QGIS, Imagine) for significant geospatial source data creation or editing projects
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including technical documentation and oral presentations
Other Beneficial Experience:
- Experience and aptitude for scripting languages (such as Tcl, Perl, Python)
- Independent research or previous internship
- Teaching experience