Software Engineer - Support
We are developing world leading game-based military simulations for major NATO powers and their allies. We are constantly looking for ways to advance the whole industry, using the latest technologies and trends (such as whole world simulation, virtual reality and motion tracking).
Responsible for delivering solutions and care to Tier 3 (end of line) technical support issues. Tier 3 represents complex technical issues which are ultimately escalated to the development teams and require engineering knowledge and active customer communication and expectation management to resolve. Tier 3 Technical Support Engineers are eloquent diplomats with an engineering background who are obsessed with customer satisfaction and enjoy solving complex issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Performs a triage, tracking and task management of Tier 3 technical support queries through CRM, drives their completion according to industry standard SLAs; coordinates the completion of the tickets with the development team and stakeholders
- Provides exceptional communication, care and active listening with customers to identify and resolve the issue; expected to perform video, phone and mobile calls routinely and exercise a friendly, positive attitude. Actively follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- May involve customer site visits, integration support, requirements capture and maintaining extensive and up to date notes on each customer assisted including system diagrams, use case descriptions and block diagrams
- Actively identifies defects in the software as reported by customers, proposes or directly implements solutions in coordination with the development team, performs advanced debugging including network diagnostics and a demonstrated understanding of CIGI, DIS, HLA and other IG (Image Generator) network standards and software integrations
- Main hand off of complex defects to the product development team; working closely with software engineers to identify and resolve defects
- Reports to the development team producer/lead and an engineering manager
- Serves as mentor to the development team on technical support best practices.
- Manages the overall task load of technical support queries of a product, works with the team and product leadership to assign and deliver resolutions to customer support issues
- Maintains professional attitude during all stages of development; excels as a team member.
- Offers outstanding communication skills, both oral and written. Must be superior in email communication and etiquette.
- Takes ownership over the organization and quality of the customer support documentation, customer dossier files and support notes
- Observes deadlines; endeavors to exceed expectations.
- Takes ownership over the Tier3 support process - works directly with development and product leadership to streamline processes and improve turnaround times, quality of care, precision and capture of customer use cases.
- Works closely with Tier2 support to ensure coverage of the product's technical support tickets
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
- Demonstrates fluency in C/C++
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills.
- Understanding of standard software development tools including Visual Studio
- Advanced skill in debugging and network diagnostics
- Proven track record of outstanding communication, attitude, affect and rhetoric over email, phone, video and face to face. Must have an authentic positive attitude and empathy and eagerness to understand customer concerns and perform active listening.
- Industry knowledge of IG (Image Generators) - including network standards, system designs and software architectures
- 32 hours of paid sick leave per year
- Starting at 96 hours of paid vacation per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Significant company contribution towards medical benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Qualified Retirement plan, including a 3% company contribution
- Company paid Life Insurance plan
- Bonus incentive program
Bohemia Interactive Simulations, Inc. (BISIM) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.