Senior Software Engineer
We are developing world leading game-based military simulations for major NATO powers and their allies. We are constantly looking for ways to advance the whole industry, using the latest technologies and trends (such as whole world simulation, virtual reality and motion tracking).
Senior software engineer to work on data streaming and 3D rendering technologies. Will oversee complex software design, implementation, and release. Will report to the Director of Software engineering and relevant contract managers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Development and extension of data streaming technologies related to the STEWS product and contracts.
- Plan, design, and implement new product features
- Efficiently implement tasks given by manager
- Follow documentation and reporting standards
- Aid and mentor junior engineers
- Analyze customer feedback and determine proper product solutions
- 6 years C++ programming experience in a Windows environment using Microsoft Visual Studio IDE and Debugging tools
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- Design and implementation of applications involving computational geometry, mesh modification, and/or model generation from sparse data
- Cloud processing and distributed data processing
- Some experience required using REST APIs, Open Geospatial Consortium web services, and/or relational database development
- Optimization of complex code structure to support very large dataset processing
- Source control and commercial debugging/optimization tools, as well as the ability to write engineering-level documentation
- Video and Game engine programming using one or more of the following SDKs: OpenGL, DirectX, WebGL, CUDA, GDAL, GLSL, HLSL, CryEngine, Unity, VBS3, OpenSceneGraph
TerraSim Inc. provides the following benefits:
- 32 hours of paid sick leave per year
- 15 days of PTO (Paid Time Off), increase with tenure
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits of $45 per month
- Significant company contribution towards medical benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Qualified Retirement plan, including a 3% company contribution
- Company paid Life Insurance plan
- Bonus incentive program
Terrasim, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.