Senior Front End Developer
We are developing world leading game-based military simulations for major NATO powers and their allies. We are constantly looking for ways to advance the whole industry, using the latest technologies and trends (such as whole world simulation, virtual reality and motion tracking).
Bohemia Interactive Simulations in Orlando, Florida is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our team! As a Senior Full Stack Developer at Bohemia, you will fill a unique role as you will help us develop HTML interfaces for the next generation of military simulation training; Blending a strong technical knowledge of front end web technologies and other soft-skills such as teamwork, communication, and the ability to think from the user's perspective.
As a senior web developer you will take requirements from a military or industry customer and work with our UX designers to determine the best way to implement new ui for our products. You will work with the UX designer and product stakeholders to refine features through rapid prototypes and iterations. You must understand customer requirements through involvement in sprint planning meetings and regular team collaborations.
US Citizenship is required for this position
- Work within an agile team that uses a scrum based product design process
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Proactively work with UX designers, development leads and team members to address customer requirements
- Participate in requirements gathering and user experience discussions
- Implement Software Interfaces using Angular 6, as well as plain HTML/CSS/JS
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Create prototypes, and rapid iterations for features to explore best user experience
- Adherence to coding standards and ensure quality code that is thoroughly tested and reviewed
- Help hire and build up a front end web dev team
- Experience 5+ years professional experience in front end development
- A good Understanding of Full Stack development and how communication is handled between each layer in the Stack
- Strong understanding of Angular 6 framework with a minimum of 1 year professional experience.
- Strong debugging skills - Ability to use either browser provided developer tools or framework specific dev tools.
- Strong understanding of HTTP and prior experience with using existing web services via REST, Web Sockets
- Familiar with at least one build processes & testing tools - Angular-Cli, Grunt, Gradle, Karma, Mocha, Selenium
- Project and Version control - Git, Jira
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or design related field
- Link to an online portfolio of work
Bonus Points for:
- Any server development experience.
- Ability to understand or write code in C++ or C# or prior experience with Java/J2EE
- Prior experience with designing and developing REST Web Services (using any server language)
- GIS technologies - OpenLayers, MapboxJS or other similar frameworks.
- Experience or interest in simulation or serious gaming
BISIM Inc. provides the following benefits
- 32 hours of paid sick leave per year
- Starting at 96 hours of paid vacation per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Significant company contribution towards medical benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Qualified Retirement plan, including a 3% company contribution
- Company paid Life Insurance plan
- Bonus incentive program
Bohemia Interactive Simulations, Inc. (BISIM) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.